Utility Workers Union of America
General Board Meeting Minutes
January 24, 2019
EXECUTIVES Steve Kowolonek President
Mike Hoffman Vice President
Jueisha Boykin Treasurer
DL Wallace Secretary
DELEGATES Illyana Long Area A
David Loerich Area B
Victoria King Area B
Camille Waller Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Boykin. All board members present.
Previous months minutes were ready by Secretary Wallace. A motion was made by Delegate Waller to accept the reading of lasts months minutes. Second by Treasurer Boykin. Motion passed.
The Financial Report was given by Treasurer Boykin. President Kowolonek had items for discussion regarding increasing of the monthly funding amount to the UWUA Local 600, with Matt Darpel to provide amount needed for monthly payment of bills. A motion was made by Delegate King to accept the financial report and terms for increase of monthly funding to UWUA Local 600, per discussion provided. Second by Delegate Waller. Motion passed.
Communications President Kowolonek
· No items
Unfinished Business - President Kowolonek
· Arbitration Arbitrator selected to proceed
· Rep/Delegate Dinner over all good responses, positive feed-back for not having Board Meeting on the same date.
· Elections - Ballots mailed to UWUA Local 600 members for Area A, per Election Chair- Tim Nolan on 22 January 2019. All Ballots to be must be returned not later than February 11, 2019 at 10am. Ballots will be verified by the Election Committee on Monday, February 11, 2019 at the union hall. There are 6 candidates running for the two (2) Areas A Delegate open positions
· Negotiations Committee 2019 committee for Vistra meet on 17 January 2019.
· On 10 January 2019, President Kowolonek and Vice President Hoffman meet with Vista leadership, Patrick Peyton and Kym King. The UWUA Local 600 Negotiation Committee for Vistra will consist of:
· Kelly Cooper, UWUA Regional Representative, UWUA Local 600 President Kowolonek , Vice President Hoffman, Secretary Wallace and Delegate Dalton.
· Committees for Duke-Energy meet on 16 January 2019. The UWUA Local 600 Negotiation Committee for Duke-Energy will consist of: Julia Ford, Attorney, UWUA Local 600 President Kowolonek, Vice President Hoffman, Treasurer Boykin, Secretary Wallace, Delegates Long and Waller.
· Christmas Family Kerrie Goss provided letter and receipts to UWUA Local 600 for items purchased for the Ohio 2018 Christmas donation made.
· Website - The UWUA Local 600 website has been updated with information that pertains to the local to include minutes. A motion was made by Delegate Long to remove from the website information to reflect the Delegate names and bidding areas they support. Second by Treasure Boykin. Discussion (information too accessible to the general public.) Motion passed. President Kowolonek with have this information removed from the website.
· Hand Raising - for Engineering Specialist/CPC on 24 January 2019, all went well
· Call Center President Kowolonek, Vice President Hoffman and Delegate King meet with the New Hire Call Center Call on 22 January 2019. Current class of 17. New Hires for call center are selected by a recruiting firm that is known for successful recruiting of personnel.
· Gas GIS discussion of contractors to process work in work group. Call was held 23 January 2019 with company.
· SWFM - Discussion regarding roles /work/training and responsibilities within this group.
· Grievance - Grievance #427 has been dropped by the grievant.
REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
Guest - Kelly Cooper UWUA, Regional Representative
· Information and Discussion for up-coming elections.
Delegate Waller made a motion to adjourn. Second by Treasurer Boykin. Meeting adjourned.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.