Utility Workers Union of America
GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
May 25, 2017
EXECUTIVES Jim Anderson – President
Steve Kowolonek – Vice President
Mike Hoffman – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Jueisha Boykins
Swearing in of Delegate Area B – Victoria King by Secretary Wallace.
The Meeting was called to order by President Anderson.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members.
Roll Call was taken by Treasurer Hoffman. All Present.
The previous month’s minutes were presented by Secretary Wallace. Delegate Boykin made a motion to accept the previous month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Memering. Motion passed.
The Financial Report was given by Treasurer Hoffman. Discussion (review checking balance.) A motion to accept the Financial Report was made by Vice-President Kowolonek. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed. (Financial Report on file at Union Office.)
UNFINISHED BUSINESS – President Anderson
· Arbitrations – Scheduled
· Pre-Arbitration – Meter Reading , May 25, 2017 – Arbitration scheduled June 27, 2017
· Attorney Julie Ford has submitted briefs and is awaiting a decision from Arbitrators – (Work Force Management)
· Meter Reading – grievance pending 3rd stage results
· Local 600 work being processed by other unions- pending grievance to 3rd stage (awaiting answer from labor Relations and discussion )
· Discussions regarding 4-10 hour day – appears to be processing well – other work areas have made inquiries and there may be a “trial period” with the gas marketing specialist (however not made official at this time)
· Discussion regarding IUU 80th Year Celebration – suggestions to be reviewed at next board meeting (President Anderson will check with the UWUA National regarding use of vendors)
NEW BUSINESS –
· Dynegy has posted a Design Technician position ( Miami Fort location), both internal and external applicants may apply ( posted 8 May 2017)
· OC positions, hand-raising May 25, 2017
· New positions posted – Engineering Specialist, Assistant Engineering Specialist, Sub-Station Design Technician, Technical Services and OC positions
· Cincinnati Call Center Positions – (base) May 22, 2017
· Questions regarding C-Clerk position at Covington Meter Reading (will position be posted )
· IBEW has reached a tentative agreement with the company
· Dues Issues - Vice-President Kowolonek and Treasure Hoffman attended to discuss and review process to elimate issue with dues not be collected from members pay through automatic deduction by company. Area Delegates should be aware of all new members to area and ensure paperwork has been processed for dues collections to ensure we are able to avoid costly deductions in future ( when members do not have dues deducted on time)
· Local 600 Annual Picnic – Date proposed 2nd weekend after Labor Day – Committee was established: Delegate(s) Memering, Boykin, Long, King and Secretary Wallace. President Anderson will contact one member from Dynegy to participate on planning committee. Committee will meet prior to next Board meeting. Motion and Discussion for Annual Picnic and IUU 80th Year Anniversary proposed. Motion passed
Review all union boards for Area Lists and Delegates and members assigned for updates
· Vice President Kowolonek - Discussed meeting with GIS group regarding discipline process (unfair process standards ) new grievance to be filed Treasurer Hoffman made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Long. Motion passed.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.