Utility Workers Union of America
GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
July 27, 2017
EXECUTIVES Jim Anderson – President
Steve Kowolonek – Vice President
Mike Hoffman – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Jueisha Boykin
The Meeting was called to order by President Anderson.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members.
Roll Call was taken by Secretary Wallace. Treasure Hoffman absent. All board members present.
The previous month’s minutes were presented by Secretary Wallace. Vice President Kowolonek made a motion to accept the previous month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Long. Motion passed.
The Financial Report was given by Vice-President Kowolonek, dated July 25, 2017; provided (review/discussion) of checking balance-due to purchases made for IUU 80th Year Celebration and Annual Local 600 Picnic, updated on Enbridge stock sale, discussion with financial advisor investments for local, watching union spending.
A motion to accept the Financial Report was made by Delegate Boykin. Second by Delegate Memering. Motion passed. (Financial Report on file at Union Office.)
UNFINISHED BUSINESS – President Anderson
UWUA – P4 Conference – billeting information provided. Attendance notification and workshop selections have been processed. Secretary Wallace will check for additional flight information and send to board members.
IUU 80th Year Celebration – (Discussion) Local 600 has purchased umbrellas and beach towels for membership. The items purchased will bear Local 600 emblem, IUU 80th Year and date. These gifts will be distributed beginning at the annual picnic. Members will send to sign for them.
Local 600 Annual Picnic – The event will be held on Friday, September 22, 2017 – from 4pm-9pm at the Pioneer Park, in Covington Kentucky (off I-275 and KY 17.) Local 600 Reps will be asked to volunteer to assist at the event.
· NEW BUSINESS –
· ALL INFORMATION REGARDING 1ST STAGE GRIEVANCE FILING MUST BE FAXED TO PRESIDENT ANDERSON AT THE UNION HALL, AS SOON AS PROCESSED. 1ST STAGE ANSWER MUST BE PROVIDED TO FILING WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS
· Delegate Boykin - Transmission – to file 1st stage - union work being processed by contractors.
· Delegate Loerich - Meter Reading – 3rd stage - Safety Incentive
· Delegate Memering – (discussion) LTD – Local 600 members/ contractors (East Bend)
· Mileage changes for Duke-Energy will not change for Local 600 membership per current contact stays same.
· The Call Center has a new location on the 3rd floor Annex
· Discussion with management to resume quarter meetings with Call Center management team
· Meter Reading management team may also establish quarter meetings with Local 600.
· Local 600 received a visit from a Kentucky Labor cabinet member- this issue regarding insurance for Workman’s Comp insurance, for the Local; this has been referred to UWUA and Local 600’s legal representative.
· Meeting scheduled with management to discuss new job descriptions and job progression on August 3, 2017. (Lighting Design)
· Local 600 – Internal Audit scheduled for August 4, 2017 (will be processed by same three (3) Local 600 members who volunteered for audit in 2016.
· Vice President Kowolonek - By-Laws review for changes (per By-Laws Committee) provided attachment to executive and general board members for submissions and review of proposed changes.
· Secretary Wallace – Update regarding results of arbitration – SRWFM – response not received
· Delegate Memering – email regarding Gas Marketing Specialist work being done by another union.
Delegate Waller made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed. Adjourned.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.