Utility Workers Union of America
GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
February 23, 2017
EXECUTIVES Jim Anderson President
Steve Kowolonek Vice President
Mike Hoffman Treasurer
DL Wallace Secretary
DELEGATES Jueisha Boykin
The Meeting was called to order by President Anderson.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members.
Roll Call was taken by Secretary Wallace. Delegate Long excused. All others Present.
The previous months minutes were presented by Secretary Wallace. Discussion for changes to minutes. Vice President Kowolonek made a motion to accept the previous months minutes. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed.
The Financial Report was given by Treasurer Hoffman. A motion to accept the Financial Report was made by Delegate Waller. Second by Vice-President Kowolonek. Motion passed. (Financial Report on file at Union Office.)
UNFINISHED BUSINESS President Anderson
· Arbitrations Scheduled
· 27 February 2017 (Work Force Management)
· By-Laws Deleage
· LM-2 sent 30 January 2017 (Don Stewart & Shirley Cockrell processed. 1099 ready for all 2016 Board members
· 26th Basketball Extravaganza February 25, 2017
· Waiting on answer from Arbitration (Meter Reading)
NEW BUSINESS Board passed to file Arbitration in Meter Reading
COMMUNICATIONS President Anderson
· UEIP- results 0 for safety 2016 and prior year.
· Sheryl Barnes declined the Area B Delegate positon. An election will be held for Delegate Area B, nomination information will be sent to area B members. Per noticed posted on all union boards 1 March 2017, (as receipt of notification.)
· Membership meeting will be held Thursday, March 23 2017 at the Holiday Inn, Covington. Meeting will begin at 6:00pm.
· Job Postings there is an increase in the number of OC posting.
· President Anderson Engineering Design Assistant job evaluation cancelled. Negotiated wage rate (Electric.) will notify the Board of up-coming dates in 2017 of Union Conventions, when the dates become available.
· Call Center Probation Extensions granted.
· Vice President Kowolonek - Discussed storm list ensures everyone is on the out-of-town list for storms.
· Delegate Memering Discussed issues in the gas department.
· Delegate Boykin Discussed contractor at 4th & Main Street processing Electric OC work.
· Delegate Loerich Discussed meter reading grievance (safety.)
Vice President Kowolonek made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Waller. Motion passed.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.