Utility Workers Union of America
GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 27, 2017
EXECUTIVES Jim Anderson – President
Steve Kowolonek – Vice President
Mike Hoffman – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Jueisha Boykin
The Meeting was called to order by President Anderson.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members.
Roll Call was taken by Treasurer Hoffman. Delegate(s) Loerich and Long excused. All others Present.
The previous month’s minutes were presented by Secretary Wallace. Vice President Kowolonek made a motion to accept the previous month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Waller. Motion passed.
The Financial Report was given by Treasurer Hoffman. A motion to accept the Financial Report was made by Secretary Wallace. Second by Delegate Boykin. Motion passed. (Financial Report on file at Union Office.)
UNFINISHED BUSINESS – President Anderson
· Arbitrations – Scheduled
· Attorney Julie Ford requested extension ( until 15 May 2017 for reply) – (Work Force Management)
· Arbitration Meter Reading (Results Local 600 was not successful )
· Arbitration Meter Reading (Pending )
· Grievance pending regarding work being processed by other unions - (waiting on answer from 2nd stage, if no answer within contract time-frame will process for 3rd stage
· Hand-Raising was conducted for CPC’s and Engineering Specialists 21 April 2017, (present – President Anderson, Vice-President Kowolonek and Delegate Boykin) – questions were raised regarding movement, scheduled hours (for work day) – information regarding being reviewed
· Monfort Heights - sub-division becoming – Centralized Design - ( review list of all duties), new management for CPC’s – Move to Dana ( Hand-raising – 27 April 2017 , present – Vice President Kowolonek and Delegate Memering)
· Suggestions still needed for IUU / Local 600 - 80th year Anniversary 2017
NEW BUSINESS – Dynegy – Negotiation Committee for 2018 – President, Anderson, Vice-President Kowolonek, Secretary Wallace, Delegate Boykin, Representative – Dalton. Vice-President Kowolonek made a motion to accept. Second by Delegate Memering. Motion passed.
COMMUNICATIONS – President Anderson
· Union Act Hours should be kept updated – Provide information to President Anderson
· President Anderson will provide updates to Utility Workers of America National for retirements to have names placed in Utility Workers of America magazine. Delegate Waller will assist with Retirement notifications.
· Notices posted on union bulletin boards for union members discounts to the Kentucky Speedway
· IBEW has reached a tentative agreement with the company
· Vice President Kowolonek - Discussed new grievance in meter reading and the establishment of a regional safety committee (Local 600 member involved, however union was not notified.)
· Vice President Kowolonek – discussed, 4- 10 hours days within Design group
· Delegate Memering – Discussed three (3) month trial period for CPC and GIS work group going to 4- 10 hours work day beginning May 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017.
Delegate Waller made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Memering. Motion passed.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.